Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dark and Fabulous (Vegan) Chocolate Pudding

My favorite treat these days is "Dark and Fabulous Chocolate Pudding"  It's a perfect sweet treat now that summer is here and I'm no longer craving baked goods (or interested in heating up the oven!)

My recipe is modified from the one found here at VeganWeb which looked WAY too sweet for my taste but still provided the foundation for what is, I think, the best homemade pudding I've ever created, vegan or otherwise.




Here is my recipe:
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup flour
2 1/2 cups almond milk
1/4 cup agave 
1 TBSP vanilla extract


Mix dry ingredients, add milk and stir until smoth.
Cook over medium heat until boiling and thick, stirring continuously so it doesn't burn.
Cool to room temp, stirring occasionally while still hot.


Mmm, mmm!  My first attempt had a few lumps but I got better my second batch.  Stirring constantly and getting out the lumps is the most "difficult" part of this recipe (really, it's such an easy recipe!); well, okay, maybe the hardest part is waiting for it to cool since ;-)  

I'm very happy to submit this to the Weekly Vegan Cooking Challenge at the fabulous Vegaloca blog!



1 comment:

  1. Yum, Kathryn! Just saw your post on facebook. I'm here more than I'm there, usually.

    ReplyDelete