Mmmm! The Cilantro Ginger Tempeh Toss from How it All Vegan reminds me a bit of tasty Thai food with the creamy coconut-ginger sauce over healthy veggies and sticky rice. The tempeh adds some good protein, too. I absolutely loved this dish! My husband was so-so about it, but he likes his Thai food spicy and I made this without the hot red peppers (I was chicken!) so it was not very spicy. I might try adding a bit of cayenne pepper next time to see if I can bump up the spiciness for him while still being able to tolerate it myself. Best of all, left-overs were absolutely scruptuous the next day so, if hubby never warms up to the dish, I can just make up a batch at the beginning of the week and have it for lunch at work all week long ;-)
Got this in the mail, just FYI.
ReplyDeleteSo: I don't like tempeh but this dish does look delicious. I like my Thai food spicy too. Glad you love it and that you've found another lunch dish that will be good to bring to work. Great photo!
That look really good!!! Perhaps you can make some next time I visit :)
ReplyDelete(and yeah, I got this notification via email, too.)
Thanks, Lisa! You can also make this dish with tofu. I am glad you liked the post and photo, though; I was a little disappointed at how bland the veggies looked, but it sure tasted good!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you both got the notice via email. I changed a setting and now it will send emails when I post.
I like your picture Kathryn, it looks yummy. Will you please send us the recipe, I really want to try Kathryn. I really the name of the food, it looks so yummy even the name. From Maggie
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm totally going to make this! It sounds super yummy with that sauce. By the way, that's my Maggie commenting above if you were wondering.
ReplyDeleteMaggie, I will email your mom the recipe. Thank you for asking about it. I hope you love it. The name is fun to say, isn't it? :-)
ReplyDelete