Saturday, October 30, 2010

Embarrassingly Easy "Rice Pudding"

It's been a crazy week with a car in the shop, subbing extra ballet classes, etc. so had little time to hunt for new recipes or go grocery shopping.  Thus, last night, when I was craving something sweet and comforting (too close to bed-time to crank up the oven), I had to get creative.  My result is a lightning-fast and super easy "rice pudding" that I actually loved (full disclosure: hubby was only so-so on it, though).  It is so simple, it should hardly count for this week's entry in the Vegaloca Weekly Vegan Cooking Challenge but I doubt I'll have time to come up with anything else given it's Halloween tomorrow, so without further excuses, here it is (this is for two servings):

Embarrassingly Easy Rice Pudding

1 cup cooked rice
5 TBSP* almond milk (unsweetened) 
3 tsp agave nectar

Stir and microwave appx. 2 minutes or until hot

Sprinkle with cinnamon 

*Or more, to taste, if you like a little more liquidity


That's it!!!  It's certainly not the most gourmet dish, but it's fast, easy and satisfying.  I love the sweetness and comfort-food warmth. 

5 comments:

  1. What a fast and easy way to satisfy some sweet cravings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, not everything great has to be complicated! Some of the best things are the simple things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy, sweet AND healthy too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathryn! Look, I finally figured out how to follow the blog! I think I had the settings to set incorrectly... Anyway! I'm so glad I figured it out and congrats on your blog! :) What a yummy looking dish this is ;)

    ReplyDelete